But just for a minute, let's think about the things we associate with falling...
1) Descending to a lower place (what happens when you trip over that pile of clothes in your bedroom...)
2) Pain (...and what you experience if your knee lands on something sharp in the middle of the pile)
3) Losing control/balance (Hey, nobody said walking in heels was easy!)
4) Lack of support (Have you seen how SKINNY stilettos are?!)
5) To be overthrown (like a city under attack)
6) Losing animation in expression (You know...when your smile disappears if you get bad news)
7) Embarassment (Especially if you've ever fallen UP the stairs - it takes talent.)
8) Disagreeing to the point of ending a relationship (Ever had a "falling out" with your so-called BFF?)
9) To come to nothing (like when your plans fall through)
10) Something that is deficient or lacking (Falling short of what is expected of you)
Do you still want to FALL in love? I know I don't. None of those things sound like much fun to me.
But Michelle, don't you want to get married and experience the romance that God intended for us? Of course I do! I rush out to buy the latest Nicholas Sparks book the day it comes out and watch chick flicks like anyone. But God hasn't taught us anywhere to FALL in love.
Read the following passage and ask God to speak to you. Tomorow, we'll discuss what God teaches us about love.