Saturday, February 17, 2007

Since when does a fairytale have to have a rock?

You can find the world's biggest rock in Australia. Mount Augustus stands 2,815 feet above the surounding plain, 3,625 feet above sea level and covers 29,794,749 miles. Umm...that's a pretty big rock. Think you could move it? Shake it? Break it? Doubtful. (And if you can, I'm really thankful that there are computer screens between us!)

So imagine the God of the universe as a Rock. From what I can gather, His idea of a rock is something like, ya know, MARS. So compared to Him, I'm thinking Mount Augustus is not even a pebble. I wouldn't dream of trying to move that Rock.

So... let's recap what we have so far. It's dumb to have a weak foundation like Mr. Dude and his sand because his house fell the first time the wind blew. Instead, we should build our house on a rock with Mr. Right, so no matter what happens, the house will remain standing.

Relationships should be the same way. Instead of basing our relationship on a foundation of superficial things that can easily crumble, our relationship should be based on God, the only thing in this life that is unchanging and unmovable.

Okay, Michelle. I'm totally confused. I mean, where does the love part come in? If I trade falling in love for building on God, isn't something still missing?

Depends on how you define love. 1 John 4:8 says, "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." So we don't fall in love. We BUILD on love. A lasting romantic relationship is not between two people, but three: God the Rock, Mr. Right, and you.

So you can start your relationship with your future husband RIGHT NOW by falling in love with God and and building your relationship on a rock. And you will live happily ever after.

Psalm 16:8
"I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand,
I shall not be moved."

No comments:

Esther 4:14b

"And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"