Saturday, March 3, 2007
The Virtues of Retail Therapy
Only a female could read the title and know that I am talking about shopping. Men just don't get it! So here's my attempt to help the men in our lives understand why it's IMPORTANT that we get to indulge in a little retail therapy. So the next time the man in your life gets frustrated when you need to go back to the mall, try one of these as WHY you shop. :)
1) "Shopping helps me work on my self-control." After all, shopping helps you learn to restrain yourself from buying things you cannot afford.
2) "Shopping teaches me patience." Make him come with you just once to see the lines at the dressing room and checkout counter on sale days.
3) "Shopping keeps me optimistic." The hope of finding ONE pair of jeans that fits just right after taking 25 pairs into the dressing room requires positive thinking.
4) "Shopping inspires my creativity." Rather than buying a store model's outfit from head to toe, there's nothing like the hunt in finding an outfit that includes a shirt from here, a skirt from there, shoes from across the street, a necklace that matched a dress you don't like anymore, etc., etc., etc.
5) "Shopping makes me appreciate you." After all, when he lets you go and have fun with the girls at the mall or just some alone time, it gives you time to miss him - and to give him an excuse to have boy's night for the next ballgame.
Feel free to comment and add your own lessons you've learned while shopping. :)